The kick off for the Dixie Sailing Club Youth Program (DSCYP) was on Saturday March 11, and it was a great day with lots of folks there both to learn and to participate in the kickoff. As I was listing the names of those that I saw there helping a little light bulb went off in my thinking about the RAP points scoring. True, the main emphasis is hopefully on getting folks out racing, but hey, any time the club has a function and the members show up to participate in it and helping, seems right to give them participation points too.
That said – here are the Race AND Participation (RAP) points standings thru March 11th with an * in front of the names from the prior standings that have a new value from the March 4th standings.
- *Keith Bennett – 28 (+5) Youth program
- Mickey Richardson – 24
- *Mark Cline -21 (+5) Youth program
- Rachel Loewenstein – 17
- *Ron Jenkie – 16 (+5) Youth program
- John Barnett – 15
- *Roger Smith – 14 (+5) Youth program
- *Ron Dettwiler – 13 (+5) Youth program
- *Dave Hilgendorf – 12 (+5) Youth program
- Allen Kennedy – 12
- Scott Roberts – 10
- Jim Simons – 10 (5+5) Frostbite, Youth program
- Randy McDaniel – 6
- Jennifer Bennett – 5 Youth program
- Tony Berry – 5 Youth program
- Dick Cline -5
- Stephanie Childers – 5 Youth Program
- Mike Pair – 5 Frostbite
- Slade Pair – Frostbite
- Frank Savage – 5 Frostbite
With luck the tie scores will be in alphabetical order – no level of anything else implied. Next chance for points is Saturday March 18 for racing! Be there!