As you know the current health crisis has brought about many changes to our day to day lives and sailing is no exception. Consequently, the activities in and around the club are no different.
One issue the board felt compelled to address is related to the racing/boating activities. Therefore, we are requesting that social distancing be observed on all docks, especially at the boat ramp. Specifically, on race days we suggest the following guidelines:
- Please do not congregate in large groups on the docks at the boat ramp.
- Facemasks are not required but are encouraged.
- Please survey the ramp area before you launch your boat. We suggest alternating boats to the east and west docks as they launch thereby minimizing overcrowding on one side or the other.
- Please try and get the majority of your rigging done before you leave the boatyard thereby minimizing time at the dock.
- Once you launch your boat and finish rigging, please head out to the racecourse as soon as possible in order to free up dock space and prevent overcrowding.
- As you head in at the end of the day we also suggest you complete as much de-rigging as possible on the water to minimize time on the dock prior to pulling your boat out.
Let’s all stay safe and enjoy the lake.